Developing a consistent exercise routine does wonders for our health, but it can be difficult to stay inspired before and during the workout.
Let’s face it, the act of exercising itself is usually not pleasant. We do it principally for the outcome and future health benefits, but it can be tough to overcome the stress and pain of the actual physical exercises.
That’s why the majority of people look for ways to take their minds off the actual work, normally by listening to music.
Music not only supplies a diversion but also renders the inspiration and stimulation needed to maximize effort. You may not feel like hitting the gym today, but put on your best music and all of a sudden you’re energized and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be helpful for those with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aid models, you can stream your favorite music straight from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any cables getting in the way.
Alternatively, if you’re in the learning frame of mind, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or internet based courses, enhancing both your mental and physical health at the same time.
Have a workout partner instead?
Today’s hearing aid models, equipped with directional microphones, target and boost speech while controlling background noise, making it easier to maintain a discussion with your partner in a hectic gym.
For all of these reasons hearing aids are essential gym equipment, but you may be worried about potential damage to the device from perspiration and moisture.
While most hearing aid models are resistant against dirt and moisture to some degree, there are a few accessories you can use to preserve your hearing aids at the gym.
Consider investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, defending them from sweat and dirt.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to prevent damage or loss if your hearing aids become accidentally dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – retaining an extra pair on hand ensures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids post-workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – well worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) eliminate moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) supply a safe place for storage overnight.
With a little planning, you can securely enjoy all the benefits of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to find out more about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!